Married to the Empire

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Brotherly Peace

A few years ago, I made 2 little fleece pillows that coordinate with our living room decor. The intent was that each cat would have his own pillow. Instead, they want to sleep smack in the middle of the 2, and then they fight over them. Doogie hates to snuggle, and Calvin loves to crowd his brother out of a good sleeping spot.

While shopping for gifts in Tuesday Morning the other day, I found a giant woolly pillow that coordinates well with the living room. I thought $20 was a tad high for a pillow intended for cats, but for a little peace in the home, it's worth it.

Success!



They're even managing to share it nicely. Not a single cat fight occurred. Money well spent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw! They look so cute together. My cats like to fight, but then we find them sleeping all snuggled up together. Too funny. Also funny how cat toys and cat pillows, blankets, etc. can creep into your house and take it over...

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Ugh. I know about that "creep." I'm going to have to figure out what to do about these pillows so they're not taking up quite so much floor space. But they're still managing to share the new one! Still no fights over it...

Becky said...

Those are super-cute pictures! I like Beth's comment, too. The funniest thing to me is how many fur mice a person can find underneath furniture when cleaning :)

Amy W said...

Awww. Your kitties are so cute.