Married to the Empire

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Latest Card Creation



I needed a card for a friend who is expecting a baby. I decided to make use of the wonderful paper punches my friend Michelle gave me in the creation of this card. I used a couple of the square punches for the letters and backgrounds. Some green distress ink was added to the white cardstock. A ribbon in coordinating colors was the finishing touch. Unfortunately, I should have stopped there, but no; I decided to add distress ink to the edges of the card itself. The distressed edges don't look so great, but that was it for my cards in that blue color, so it'll have to do. Live and learn.

For more paper-crafting ideas, be sure to visit Kelli's blog!

7 comments:

Secondhand Blessings said...

Great job on your card. Very nice!

Clare said...

Very nice card, just love the colours you chose.

The Old Parsonage said...

I like to distress thing too and never know when to stop. Your card looks great!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Amy W said...

I think it's great! Love the color combo!

Jules said...

Your card looks geat! I like the color combo you chose. Happy card making!

Kelli said...

Wonderful baby card!
~Kelli