Married to the Empire

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WFMW: Using leftover taco meat



I haven't done a Works-for-Me Wednesday post in a while, but I thought this was an easy tip that deserves to be shared.

Sometimes we have meat leftover after making tacos. An easy way to use it up is to heat a can of tomato soup (follow directions on can), add 1/4 cup (or as much as you want) salsa, and your leftover taco meat.



When it's heated through, ladle into bowls, add grated cheese and sour cream, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips. It's fast, super-easy, tasty, and filling.



For more WFMW ideas, visit Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments:

Wifey said...

Yum! Thanks for the recipe, that's something my family would love!

Seis said...

I love this idea!!! This a great Frugal tip!!!

ames said...

Ooh, great tip. We always have leftover taco meat. I also will put it on a baked potato with salsa and toppings, but I can't wait to try it out in soup now!