Married to the Empire

Friday, April 27, 2007

Saving Money with the Newspaper

I'm a newspaper freak. It's a joke among my friends that I have a relationship with The Dallas Morning News. A subscription costs $17/month. That may not sound particularly frugal to some, but I get so much out of it! In addition to the daily news from around the world and at home, I get comics, advice, home and garden tips, healthy living tips and information, religion (The Dallas Morning News has been voted to have the best religion section in the country several years running), info about local events and entertainment, book and movie reviews, recipes, sales ads, coupons... Really, I could keep listing things!

I know there are those who would say that you could read most of that online. Some of it, yes, but not the complete paper. Besides, I can't take my computer with me everywhere and have an internet connection. But I can easily pop a section of the newspaper into my purse or substitute bag. I can cut out interesting or important articles. I always know what's coming up locally. And did I mention the coupons?!

For me, $17/month for complete access to all these things is well worth it! Besides, reading the newspaper is so much better than sitting around watching television.

By the way, tonight's dinner is from a recipe from this week's Healthy Living section. Seeing as I keep most of the ingredients on hand at all times, it truly is a frugal meal. And apparently healthy, too, according to the article. Chicken Lettuce Wraps

For more frugal tips, visit Biblical Womanhood.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great tip. We cut our paper back to Thursday through Sunday. It saves us a little money and we still get weekend stuff. I need to be better about pulling the coupons and stuff out.