I mentioned way back in January that I bought a bunch of new stuff at IKEA with my Christmas and birthday money (thanks, Mama and Daddy!) for my craft room. The idea was to put it all together, do a little redecorating, then post pictures. The furniture was put together quickly and moved in, but the decor took a bit longer. Some of it involved sewing, and I have to work up the nerve to do that.
It took 6 months.
You see, I bought a package with 2 curtain panels in it. One curtain replaced the closet door. The other was to be cut up and made into a valance for the window. Not only does sewing intimidate me, but math does, too. All that cutting and sewing also involved precise measuring, ironing, and pinning. Blah. I wasn't looking forward to it, so I put it off. And off. And off.
But I finally did it all this week, and I'm very proud of the end result. So without further ado... My new and improved craft room!
I have to say that I love those drawers pictured above. Not only do they hold a ton of stuff for my papercrafting, but I have an entire drawer just for paper scraps! I can easily dig through it, unlike my former method of paper storage which was cramped and too small. Ah, bliss.
And finally, a little something I made as inspiration for the purpose of the room.
Tutorials to follow.