Married to the Empire

Friday, October 8, 2010

Crafty Pursuits

Life has been busy lately, and frankly, blogging has been at the very bottom of my to-do list.  I even went to the State Fair of Texas this week and didn't bring my camera.  Let me tell you, there was a certain degree of freedom in that. 

I'm trying out some new stuff, such as soapmaking.  With lye.  And the cutest pink digital scale imaginable.  (Bet you never thought a scale could be cute!)  I've been doing some cold-process soap the last couple of weeks, and today I attempted (successfully, it appears) hot-process soap.  This is a fun hobby and not as scary as I thought it would be. 


I recently bought a Xyron for making stickers.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you just yet what I was making in the picture below, but it's a fun little tool.  It definitely is convenient, as opposed to using glue for certain projects. 



I sewed up a few more lavender sachets recently, and still have plenty more to make.  I also have some beaded projects I'd like to get started on.  Christmas is fast approaching, and I have a lot to do!

I've also been busy with more coaster sets for our visitor bags at church.  I've received so many compliments on these, so I feel good in knowing that our church is giving something that's actually attractive and useful, in addition to being very low cost. 





If you need to make attractive, but inexpensive Christmas or hostess gifts, these coasters are the way to go.  I do 9 sets at a time, and I can crank them out lickety-split.  Cost is approximately $2.50-$3.00 per set.  Can't beat that!  (Of course, that assumes you already have the stamps, Staz-On ink, and sealer.)

There's more going on around here, but I thought I'd let you see some of the crafty stuff taking up some of my time lately.  Hopefully I'll get back to more regular blogging at some point, but honestly, the break is nice.

2 comments:

Thirsty said...

You're so terribly crafty!

Amy Warden said...

Yeah!! You made soap!!! And it looks great! It's terribly addicting. I'm just sayin - there's no stopping you now!