Married to the Empire

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tasteful Star Wars Decorating

Other women are often amazed that I allow Steven to have a Star Wars room in our house. Considering it's his house, too, why not? Besides, I tell people that it keeps the Millennium Falcon from making its way onto the mantel in the living room.

I never really thought that a home could be decorated tastefully in Star Wars until I saw Mike and Lindy's house. I didn't take pictures of everything, but I did get one wall in their living room.



My favorite room, though, is their half bathroom. It's the Princess Leia room, and I love the way the Rebel symbol is incorporated into the walls.





This is just a snippet of their Star Wars decor, but I can assure you that the rest of the house looks just as nice. While I'm still not ready for more than a Star Wars room in my house, I completely admire what Mike and Lindy have done with their home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, my boys are drooling over your friends' house! They said "Oh, they are so lucky!" LOL. I have considered, when we have a spare room, making a home for my Star Wars legos. Hopefully my husband will go along with this...

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Their decorating looks awesome, but we are going to keep Eric's stuff in his own room. It will actually be the basement once we get it finished.

Princess Leah said...

I don't think there is such a thing as tasteful star wars decoraction. If I were you I would shoot for something a little simpler. And you might want to turn off your flash the next time you take a picture in the mirror.