Married to the Empire

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Family Time

My parents love to shop for their granddaughters. I don't think it's been quite as fun for them without the girls along, since they now live in England, but with them home in Texas for the next week, my parents could again enjoy taking them out for pretty new things.

I tagged along just because.

Emily modeled her new shoes for me:



I snapped a photo of Leah while she was putting her shoes back on after trying on new ones:



My sister said to be grateful for this normal photo of Caroline. I guess she's more into making faces for pictures these days:



Ashley was entranced by all the pretty dresses. In the midst of running through them all and gushing over them, she popped a hat on and posed for me:



Then she insisted that I wear a hat and let her take my picture. Nevermind that it's on backwards; she insisted that the bow had to go in the front:



Grandpa became tired, but the girls had plenty of energy and silliness left in them:



After a long time of shopping, which included 7 people crammed in a dressing room with the littlest one dancing in nothing but panties and socks, we headed to Build-a-Bear. The 3 youngest girls were anxious to get new animals.

Grandma helped Emily fill out the birth certificate for her new stuffed animal:



Leah showed off her new koala bear, which was in its carrier for the trip home:



My sister, Cindy:



And finally, my favorite picture of the day. Oldest sister helped youngest sister fill out the birth certificate for her new puppy, Jack. (But he likes to be called Jackie, I was told.):

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

It looks like a wonderful, fun filled day with family. Thank you so much for sharing your day with us via your pictures.
Warmly,
Tracey

Unknown said...

Oh! They are all so cute and the hat looks great on ya :) Enjoy your family time.