Married to the Empire

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weekly Links

I know a few people having babies in the next few months. I'm thinking this bib tutorial at Homemade by Jill just might be the thing to try for gifts, along with my typical gift of board books, of course.

As someone who works with teens and almost-teens (I hate the word tweens, by the way), I was very interested in the Newsweek article titled "Generation Diva." I've watched the girls I know make frequent trips to the salon for manis and pedis, highlights, etc. I'm all for looking nice, but it baffles me just how much money kids and parents throw down these days to have someone else do something as basic as painting nails. (I'm 100% in favor of the salon for all hair needs, though!)

I usually get my movies for free at the library, but they don't always have what I want to watch. I've lately become enamored with Redbox. Can't beat $1 for rentals! Go to their Redblog today for a free rental code.

If you're into food, I encourage you to check out Tastespotting. It's a fun way to see what other bloggers are cooking up.

3 comments:

Thumperdd said...

Why don't you try your hand at knitting or crocheting some bibs? You can make some really cute ones for under a dollar in any fiber you like...

Blessings on you and your honey for all you do with the youth! That takes some special people.

Hop on over when you have a moment and enter my giveaway - http://2thesimplelife.blogspot.com/2009/03/announcing-giveaway.html

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Well, seeing as how I don't know how to knit or crochet, I don't think the soon-to-be moms would much appreciate my gift if I did that! LOL.

A. said...

I love Redbox! Just discovered it. Works for me since I don't watch enough movies to justify a Netflix subscription.

The "diva" stuff is insane. I'll have to write on this soon, too.

Allison