Married to the Empire

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween Prep

When we can, we like to host a small Halloween dinner party for our close friends. Steven's been working hard on a top-secret costume, and I'm putting together a fun theme for the table. The only hint I'll give you as to my theme is that I'm using the Grey Lady costume idea from Martha Stewart's 2009 Halloween magazine, which led me to an idea straight from 19th-century literature. Yes, the English teacher in me couldn't resist having a literary theme.

A few things from around our house for the party:

The hubby's mask in the very early stages. I think that it currently looks like something out of the low-budget Dr. Who of decades past.



The horribly ugly brass candelabra I bought at Goodwill for $3.99. No, I'm not going to polish it up.



And the white roses I bought for the express purpose of drying them, which is really just as well since Doogie enjoys knocking over flowers in vases and making a huge mess.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Miss Havisham?? Sorry, the English nerd in me couldn't resist guessing....

Anonymous said...

Miss Haversham! Ooh - someone beat me to the guess.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

:-) That's all I'm sayin'.