Married to the Empire

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cheap Organizer

I've been cleaning out my craft room a bit and getting things more organized. (Seems like I say that here a lot.) I'm really just trying to make my small space more workable. I've found that I have quite a few things I don't use and should get rid of (like the scrapbooking rolling tote that I took out exactly one time).



So, I'll be getting rid of things, but I also need to find new places for other things. Enter, another inexpensive Goodwill find.



This little container was only $1.99, and I didn't even have to paint it, as it was already the right colors for my craft room.

It makes the perfect place to keep my scissors and pens. They're now in easy reach and no problem to find what I need.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow, that is an impressive collection of scissors!

Amy W said...

You have the best thrift store finds!! :)

Thumperdd said...

That container is precious! Thrift shopping is the best...

By the way, I've given you a Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks for sharing your life with us. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Hop over to read when you have a moment! http://knittingintherealworld.blogspot.com/2009/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Danita

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Catherine, I know! I culled a few of them. Truthfully, I can't remember the last time I used all those fancy scissors, but now that they're in plain view, maybe that will change.

Amy, I hadn't thought about it. I guess I do find some good stuff, but sometimes it takes multiple visits before something good shows up.

Danita, thanks! You're so sweet!

*carrie* said...

Anne Marie,

I recently sorted some of my craft stuff and had good success selling my "leftovers" on Ebay!

That's a neat story about the printer--we had a similar situation last fall in which we received a printer when we needed one!!