Married to the Empire

Friday, August 27, 2010

Cuteness

Lest you think all is medicine, vomit, urine, and sadness around our house these days due to both cats now having kidney disease, I took a few photos of the boys being cute and just living life.





Doogie's life hasn't actually changed. After I got him calmed down enough at the vet's office last week to get a proper blood pressure reading (30 minutes later...), the vet determined that he's fine for now. He only needs to eat a renal diet, which he's already been doing for the past 2 years. (It's way easier to have everyone eating the same food. You can read about what happened the last time we tried to do separate food in Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. My boys' story is called "The Gift of Acceptance.")

This next set of photos is what we call The Sheet Game. It's a favorite of Doogie's, and we play it when I change the sheets each week. He burrows under a sheet when I put it on the bed, then I march my fingers around the little lump that is his body, and he pounces.





And of course, every afternoon when the boys hear me slip on my Birkenstocks (Doogie has set his radar to detect this sound, no matter how quiet I try to be about it!), they race to door for Mail Time. I've been irritated with myself every day lately because I keep forgetting to bring the camera out with me. Calvin has been falling over onto the grass and rubbing his head in pure bliss. Now that the temps have dropped from the 107-degree range to the more manageable low-90s, we've been staying out a few moments longer. I figure I owe my boys that little piece of joy they get each day.

But Doogie still doesn't understand the concept of no-mail-on-Sundays.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Aww I love this! My cats play the sheet game too. Ebony can hear sheets being removed from the bed a mile away. I may use it to find her before a vet trip...