Married to the Empire

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More Martha Clearance Crafts and Sweet Gifts

I was a little late to the party, but that just means that I got even better deals. Walmart appears to be doing away with their scrapbooking stuff, and that includes their Martha Stewart Crafts line. At the Walmart near my house, I found clear stamps for $2/set. Wow! I scoped out other Walmarts and found the Martha stuff tucked away almost unnoticed. The prices were higher, but still good. I paid $4 for stamp sets there. A package of 5 glitter markers was $5. The dye markers were marked down to $10, but I counted them and saw that there were only 23 markers, instead of 24. I'm brazen enough to ask for a discount on the discount. I got it: $7 for the set. Sweet!



I seem to have the best luck with finding Martha stuff on clearance at Walmart, of all places! I'm way too cheap frugal to pay full price for Martha's stuff, but I'll take it at such low prices!

As if that wasn't enough, I was generously given a ton of stamps and other scrapbooking materials. A blog reader emailed me and offered me her stuff since she's moving and not wanting to take it with her. So kind! Thank you again! I feel very blessed.



I don't know if you'll be able to see the detail of this, but it's the Pledge of Allegiance in a star shape. I'm a sucker for patriotism, so I think this one is my favorite of the lot. (Of course, I'm nuts for the cat-themed stickers, too. I really need to make scrapbooks for my furballs.)



On the theme of patriotism, I spent some money my sweet mother-in-law gave me on some fabulous Texas-themed stamps. (I bought them at Stamp Asylum in Plano.) Cool store. Love the bluebonnets! And I really like the Texas stamp. Where I don't like it is on my pants. Yep, I dropped a fully-inked stamp on my pants. It was dye ink. That stuff does not come out, so I now have Texas-themed pants. Awesome.



And last, but not least, my friend Karen gave me this:



She was in Hobby Lobby, saw that stamp, and thought of me. Not sure what to think of the words drama queen making her think of me. Hmmmm.

I have a lot of crafting to do.

3 comments:

ashley said...

Wow that is so much fun! I've been scrapbooking recently for the first time, and I've really been enjoying it! :-) I was going to use my stamps, but when I looked through them, I realized they were all cat-related, heh. I am a sucker for cat-related supplies as well.

Rhonda said...

I live north of the Red River now but I was born and raised in TX - so I think your Texas stamps are great, esp. the bluebonnet one.
have fun stamping!

Michael Mesa said...

Thank youu