Married to the Empire

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

My husband has been on vacation from work since Christmas Eve, and we went out of town for a while for a little mini holiday. We haven't had a vacation in 2 years since our house has been eating up all of our extra money (repairs, repairs, and more repairs). We went to Abilene, TX for a few days. (More on that later.) The blog has been neglected as I'm enjoying some time off.

I mostly just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy new year. I think 2009 will be just as interesting as previous years. This is the year that my husband has this:



It's what he wanted for Christmas, so who am I to disappoint? Weirdness abounds in our home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a gorilla suit or a fuzzy Darth Vader? ;)

congrats on the mini vacation! I know how much good those can do.

Sue said...

2009 would HAVE to be interesting with a gorilla suit in the house!
Happy New Year!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Beth, it's a gorilla suit, which unfortunately does not look as nice as it did online. He was a bit disappointed. :-( However, I think it will still be fabulous for being a bathrobe-Jedi gorilla. Since the idea is silly, the costume doesn't have to be great.