Married to the Empire

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Harvest Swap

I participated in the harvest-themed Sisters' Shoebox Swap hosted by Carrie and Monica. I was paired up with Amy of Pretty Shiny (isn't that a great blog name?!).

We wound up sending and receiving our boxes on the same day. That struck me as kind of funny. Amy sent me some truly fabulous things:




That last photo doesn't even begin to do justice to the pretty apron she sent and the amazingly cute hat she knitted for me! She knitted it. (Obviously, I'm impressed by this.) The same day I received this hat, a cold front blew through, so I actually got to wear it right away. We had a youth event this past weekend that was partially outdoors, so I wore my new hat and received tons of compliments from the girls. You know it's good work when picky teenagers think it's cute! Oh, and the best part: pink flowers! I'm all about pink.

Ironically, I'd been thinking that I really need some Thanksgiving-ish placemats, and my box shows up with the perfect fabric! Oh, and the pumpkin seeds? Delish! The Proverbs book is on my nightstand, and I'll definitely enjoy the candles. Really, all of it is just great.

The best part of all this is that I got to know someone new. Someone I really like. Thanks to Carrie and Monica for setting this up!

For those who have asked, I'm adding a picture. I was avoiding this because I can't seem to take decent pictures of myself, but I guess it's the hat that matters here:

5 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

nice blog! I'm a fellow swapper, just visiting. Yoou should have posted a pic of you in the hat!! It is sooooo cute!

*carrie* said...

That hat is really cool, Anne Marie. I agree about wanting to see a pic.

I know Amy in real life and thought you'd be a good match. It's so fun to pair people up when they feel they've met a new friend!

Amy A. said...

I love it that you love it! And I love your stuff, too. It's a love fest, I tell ya!

And I'm honored that the girls liked the hat!

Amy A. said...

Oh, yeah, and I need a pic of you in the hat. :)

Monica Wilkinson said...

Super cute goodies - love the hat!

Thanks for joining our swap! Happy Harvest ~