Married to the Empire

Friday, November 14, 2008

Homemade Yeast Rolls to Cinnamon Rolls

I baked homemade yeast rolls this week to go with soup. Instead of just baking them all as plain, ordinary rolls, I decided to make a pan of cinnamon rolls with some of the dough. It's really simple. Just roll out the amount of dough you want to use into a rectangle, sprinkle it with brown sugar and cinnamon (however much or little you want), roll it up, then slice it. I placed my rolls into a greased cake pan to rise, then bake. Simply bake as you would your regular rolls.

For a sweet topping, mix together powdered sugar, milk, and a little vanilla. Drizzle this over the tops of the rolls. Yum!



Any yeast roll recipe should work just fine for this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks dangerously simple. I will be sure not to let my boys know it is easy to make homemade cinnamon buns or we will all get fat! lol

Katherine said...

Yum. I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls for several weeks now. The weather is turning cooler and they just sound so GOOD. Thanks for the motivation and the easy instructions. :)

Amy A. said...

Double yum.