Married to the Empire

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Outing myself a bit

I've decided to start using our real names here. My blog will still be Ewokgirl, as will any comments I leave on other blogs, but I'll let you know my real name. And Ruf's. My reason for this is probably silly, but I'll be including my blog address in my Christmas letter this year. My blog is the best way for friends and family to keep up with our lives. I just really didn't want to have to explain to everyone why I use the nicknames here that I do.

So, without further ado...

My name is Anne Marie, and Ruf's name is Steven. From here on out, I'll be using our real names when I update here.

But our last name will remain safely anonymous.

4 comments:

JunkMale said...

Not to seem like a stalker or anything, but my keen eyes saw your real name a while back. You posted a card that some younger relative (niece?) had given you, and I think it said Aunt Anne Marie on it.

Look Anne Marie! Droids!

Ann said...

I have a friend who uses "code names" for their own names and the town and state they live in. It's so confusing sometimes :) But it makes perfect sense to not reveal real names, especially last names.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Junkmale, I remember posting that. I didn't really know if anyone would notice or not. It didn't really matter, and truthfully, I'm not sure why I felt the need to use nicknames here, but I guess because I was new to blogging, I felt a little more safe or something.

But it's become really confusing for me when I use real names on the private message boards I post on, but nicknames here. Really, I'm just simplifying my life.

Did no one get my Star Wars reference in my last line? ;-)

JunkMale said...

I got your reference. Nothing like that slips by me ;) I just didn't say anything.

That's usually the case for me when I notice new haircuts on women; I notice, but I fail to see the relevance in saying something about it.