Married to the Empire

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

But please don't mind if I sit and read a magazine.



Steven's company sponsored an evening at the Ballpark in Arlington. Free game tickets and $15 in vouchers for food or merchandise. Very nice!

Except, I hate baseball. One of the most boring sports ever invented, in my opinion, although I do prefer it to football. (As a 5th-generation Texan, I think I just committed heresy with that statement!) So, I brought a magazine. The fiancee of one of Steven's coworkers said that was a great idea, and she was doing that next time she had to attend one of her fiance's flag football games. Always glad to help!

The Rangers beat the Astros. Amazingly, I even know the score. It was 5-4. But admittedly, I wasn't watching to see the winning run. That's okay, though. It's really more about the atmosphere than the game itself. At least, that's my excuse.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That IS a great idea!

I just went with my husband to his brother's softball game on Monday. I brought a cross-stitch project with me. It worked great!

Allison said...

I like hockey. It's fast-paced and, sometimes, there is a fight. Football is soooo boring, though I do like baseball games - for some reason, it is the only time I will ever eat a hotdog.