Married to the Empire

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Centrifuge 2009

We returned from Centrifuge (youth camp) late Saturday night. I've been catching up on sleep, loving my cats, and trying to get mountains of laundry done since then. But I thought I'd share a few highlights from youth camp.

The camp we go to is in Glorieta, NM. The mountains were a glorious change from our 105-degree temps here in Texas.




The sunsets were beautiful:



So were the storm clouds:



Worship was amazing. The Daniel Doss Band led the music, and they were good:



A few of our kiddos during worship:



The whole reason we were there:



A scene from lunch. Disappointingly, the food wasn't good this year. Ordinarily, the food at Glorieta is the best camp food you'll ever get, but this year, it was as bad as any other camp. But you know what? I didn't have to cook for a whole week:



Mega Relay is on the last day of camp. All the bible study groups compete against each other for the Fuge Cup. In the past the kids wore war paint and looked pretty crazy and a little fierce. It made things more fun. However, the war paint was apparently staining the camp's showers, so it's now forbidden. They still had fun, though:





The adult sponsors:



What it looks like to share a room with middle school girls:



Steven and me wearing opposing Star Wars shirts:



And finally, the sanctuary lit up at night:



I'll post some about what we learned in a later post. If you're on Facebook with me, I'll have more detailed photos up there before long. (You know, where you can actually see faces and action.)

3 comments:

AnneK said...

You are back!!! Glad to know you had a great time! You didn't actually have to share a room with middle schoolers, right?

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

We placed an adult in all middle schoolers' rooms. That messy room was the one I stayed in. Lucky me, huh?

Kameron said...

I bet you were going nuts with all those "dirty" girls! I'm so glad you guys are back safely & that you had a great time.