Married to the Empire

Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm Spoiled

Our church has everyone going to youth camp fill out an "adoption" form, answering questions such as, "What's your favorite snack?" "What are your hobbies?" "What is your favorite color?" People can pick up a form to adopt a student or sponsor, give them a few goodies to take to camp, and pray for them all week while they're away.

My friend Michelle "adopted" me, and boy, did she spoil me! She had all of this waiting for me at small group last night:



Not only did I get bags overflowing with goodies, but they're PINK! I collect turtles from around the world, so she got me that super-cute water bottle with turtles on it. There are a couple of books in there for my reading pleasure. A sweet note for both Steven and me with a couple of generous additional gifts.

And the best part? A letter for me to read each day I'm gone. How great will that be to wake up each day and know that I have a new note to read? Can't wait!

Yesterday was Michelle's birthday (Happy Birthday, Mi!), but she totally made it feel like mine. She's sweet like that. I feel positively spoiled.

No comments: