Married to the Empire

Monday, November 12, 2007

A nightly ritual

It started quite innocently. As I'm getting ready for bed, I get a glass of ice water for taking my evening meds and to keep on the nightstand. Calvin adores ice water, so one night a few weeks ago, I put a piece of ice from my glass in his water cup in the master bathroom.

The next night when I got my glass of ice water, he was right there by his glass, asking for ice. Being nice, I gave it to him.

Now, it's a nightly expectation. If he's curled up asleep, he'll pop up and come running when he hears me enter the room with a tinkling glass of ice and water.



I could say that this cat is very spoiled, but I really think it's more that he has me well trained.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That is so cute! It's just like my boys, they always need a drink at bedtime, too. I think they're just trying to delay going to bed haha!