Married to the Empire

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

When the cover is better than the original

I'm importing some music into my iPod, and I'm sitting here listening to Limp Bizkit's cover of The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." I may be committing musical heresy by saying this, but I like the cover better than the original!

Bowling for Soup makes Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time" not only bearable, but good. I also love their cover of Fergie's "London Bridge." But then, I love almost everything Bowling for Soup does.

And there's that cover of the Cranberries "Zombie" that's been getting a lot of radio play lately. I have no idea who the band is, but I really, really like it. I like the Cranberries; I just like someone else's version of their song better.

Anyone else have a few cover songs they like better than the originals?

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Hmm . . . I'd have to think more on this, but Eva Cassidy's arrangement of "Over the Rainbow" is breathtaking!