Married to the Empire

Friday, March 13, 2009

I posted last week about a pendant I made with shrink paper and a frame-like back. That was the intended craft all along. But before I'd finally ordered the right pendant piece for making it, I'd bought this other little frame-like pendant for attempting the project.

Problem is, what I'd found at a local craft store had these weird corners that were impossible to fit the shrink paper into. Believe me, I tried. A lot.

Ultimately, I ended up just sticking some music-themed paper inside it, then putting a sepia-toned embossing gel on top. It wasn't what I'd expected, and it certainly wasn't what I set out to do, but I'm pleased with the result nonetheless:



And now, that really should be the end of all the jewelry stuff here. I've done what I set out to do.

2 comments:

Amy W said...

I think it turned out really neat! I need to go to Michael's & see what supplies I can find to make myself a pendant. Thanks for the inspiration!

Paula & Skip said...

Really like it a lot. Greetings form Florida, Paula