Married to the Empire

Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick Update

Things are a little hectic around here right now. I start tutoring this week (I do this every spring at a local middle school), so my schedule is all shifted around to accomodate a new working-outside-the-home schedule. Additionally, I've had some health issues that have been involving extra doctor's visits and such. Not thrilled about that one, but that's life.

The cats' new feeding schedule is going badly. This is really my fault. I often forget to put their food away after I've gotten it out. So, it's really inconsistent. Yesterday I remembered to feed them when I got up, then put the food away before I left for church. We didn't pull their food back out again until we returned home from youth last night around 9pm. (They did have a little afternoon snack of tuna juice, which stunk up the house in time for unexpected company to show up. Nice.) When I pulled their food back out, Doogie ate quickly and voraciously. Then he puked it all up on his new pillow. Again, nice. Doogie has tummy issues--always has. (In fact, you can read about it in Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. My boys' story is titled "The Gift of Acceptance.") If he eats too fast, he throws up. So, this feeding schedule stuff may be counterproductive for his problems. If it's not one cat, it's the other.

I cleaned the house last week in time for Steven to destroy my hard work. In preparation for All-Con in 2 weeks, he needed to try out the Imperial Gladiators games on our youth group. (More on that later.) Our living room became a sea of flags, tools, bits and pieces of who knows what, and nerf guns. Seriously, I've never seen so many nerf guns in one place outside of a toy store!

So, lots going on, little time for me to pull out the camera and share pictures of life (hopefully again by tomorrow), tons to take care of in preparation for my part-time job. My posts in the next few weeks may be a bit sporadic. Hopefully, I'll get organized enough to post regularly, but right now, life is crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything. Hope you and the cats feel better soon!

Jennifer

Catherine said...

Would it make more sense to give the cats a certain portion and leave the bowls out all the time, just refilling at "meal times"? I don't have cats so I don't know if this makes any sense, but I thought I'd make the suggestion!