Married to the Empire

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to my sweet husband!

Today is Ruf's 34th birthday. It's one of the few days of the year that I actually get up in the morning with him and make his breakfast. He sat down to a meal of bacon, French toast made with country wheat bread, and a big glass of milk (ick!). I gave him some candy for his desk at work and an Ebay gift certificate so he can order whatever vintage Star Wars stuff he wants. (I'm always afraid to buy that stuff myself as I really don't know what I'm looking for.) We have tickets to see The Simpsons Movie tomorrow night. I ordered crazy-expensive, custom-made boots on Ebay for his Imperial Officer costume that is being made. He won't have those for a few more weeks, though. And tonight he'll have a couple of small gifts to open.

I'm always willing to either cook whatever he wants or go to any restaurant of his choosing on his birthday. For tonight he has simply requested a thin-crust pizza. I make a pretty good pizza, but it's never as good as what you get from a real pizza place, so I'll be placing an order tonight for delivery.

It should be a pretty nice birthday for him.

No comments: