Married to the Empire

Thursday, July 12, 2007

What constitutes a good day?

I had a doctor's appointment this morning because I have an infection. You'd think that would make for a lousy day, but it's all good. I got medicine, and now I don't have to worry about being sick while we're at youth camp next week. I also lost weight without even really trying, so that always makes for happy news.

I went to Target and bought a birthday gift for Ruf. I like buying presents. I also found a new product: Pringles Cinnamon Sweet Potato Crisps. Probably not the healthiest thing, but an interesting new snack. Found a few other things that we needed, and it makes me feel good to know that I'm taking care of our family.

I went to Petsmart to buy more cat litter and food. The food was on sale, and with my PetPerks card, I'll get a $5 gift card for buying it. Also, a lady was in the store with a beagle. I think beagles are the cutest dogs EVER, so seeing one made me happy. Having a fresh bag of litter made my kitties happy, and I'm happy when they're happy.

Right after I returned home from the doctor's office and errand running, I received a very special phone call. My best friend from college is coming to town later this month, and she wants to get together! What a gift!

And the perfect way to end a good day? We're going to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight!

Really, it doesn't take much to make a day good for me.

No comments: