Married to the Empire

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It figures

I sent in my check to renew my subscription to Martha Stewart Living three months ago. The check never cleared, and Martha's people kept sending me invoices threatening that my subscription was about to run out. I didn't do anything for a while because I was waiting to see if the check would ever show up. I didn't want to put a stop on the check because that would cost about as much as the subscription. So, I waited some more.

Finally, since it's been three months, and I couldn't stand the idea of not having all the upcoming holiday issues show up in my mailbox, I sent in a new check. I mailed it yesterday.

So guess what arrived in my mailbox today? The October issue. And on the address label, it says that my subscription is good until September 2008, which means that the first check finally made it there. It figures that this happens right after I mail in a second check!

No comments: