Married to the Empire

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

WFMW: Brand Loyalty

This week's Works-for-Me Wednesday is the Brand-Loyal Edition. Here are a few brands I won't be without, and why:

First up is Red Juice.



This cleaner is amazing. Not only is it non-toxic, odorless, food safe, and biodegradable, it's also inexpensive and works amazingly well. I have some chemical sensitivities, and this cleaner doesn't bother me at all. It's even safe to use around naughty cats who take flying leaps into the middle of bathroom counters while they are being cleaned. A bottle of concentrate usually lasts me a little over a year. Red Juice is a product of The Clean Team, which makes wonderful cleaning products. (I'm also in love with their Sh-Mop.)

Up next is Eukanuba Cat Food:



It's a very long story, which you can read about in Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul (my story is titled "The Gift of Acceptance"), but Doogie had some major tummy issues a few months after we adopted him. We had to do some food switching (vet prescribed), which resulted in food issues with our other cat, Calvin. After a couple of stressful months involving two cats eating two different foods, our vet finally recommended we try Eukanuba. Doogie can keep it down, and Calvin is willing to eat it. This brand of cat food saved my sanity. Seriously.

There are a few other brands such as Birkenstocks (I'll spare you the photo I took of my oldest and most-loved pair) and Clinique makeup. Birkenstocks are simply the most comfortable shoes ever. Clinique is great because it has no smell. When you're a migraine sufferer who can have migraines triggered by scents, this is of the utmost importance!

For more Works-for-Me Wednesday ideas, visit Rocks in My Dryer!

8 comments:

AnneK said...

You got your story published in chicken soup for the soul?? Wow, I am in awe!!!

Anonymous said...

I almost added Birks to my list too. I will NEVER by knock-off Birkenstocks!! They just don't feel the same, and they don't last as long. I have my fist pair of Birks that I got when I was in the 7th Grade! I STILL wear them!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Anne, I did! It's the only thing I've ever submitted for publication, and it was accepted! I'm almost afraid to try again because it might screw up my 100% success rate. ;-)

Diatribal, I'm with you! My oldest pair is 11 years old. I took a picture of them for this post, but after looking at it, I decided no one wanted to really see that!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I too am impressed by the chicken soup bit. You're famous?!?

I never heard of red cleaner before, will have to google it...

Unknown said...

Oh yes, Birkenstocks are great. But are far too expensive here.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Famous? Hardly. Although I did do a few book signings, which means that I signed 3 books for friends. ;-)

Laane, I agree that Birks are expensive! But they last forever, and I've found them less expensively on Ebay. Lots of sellers have brand-new pairs up for less!

Cathy VanPatten said...

Clinique. The best.

And your post made me realize that it has been YEARS since I bought any. I've just been picking up covergirl at the supermarket--who has time to go to the dept. store? I think I need to make some time, though. Their mascara is second to none, IMHO.

Unknown said...

How exciting to get your story published! I've never heard of that cleaning product.