Married to the Empire

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Calvin is home

I picked Calvin up from the vet's a little while ago. He didn't get a rabies shot after all because he's pretty loopy, and as a rabies reactor, they didn't want to take the chance of something bad happening since he's already doped up and acting weird.

When Doogie had his teeth cleaned a few years ago, he was really spacey when he came home. He just sat and stared off into space or spent time gnawing on the doormat in the entryway. He had bags under his eyes and looked really, really mellow.

Calvin is more like a drunk monkey. He's spinning around in circles and just all over the place. I bought a little tin of wet food for him since I figured his teeth would be sensitive. He dove in, ate a little, ran a few laps around the living room, dining room, and kitchen, then repeated the process. He has a crazed look in his eyes.

I'd hoped to get video, but as soon as I tried, my camera battery died. Figures. But he's home, and he's fine, other than being seriously drugged.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm glad he's going to be okay! When you described him spinning around in circles and just all over the place, I though, 'Now that sounds just like my 5 year old!' haha!