Married to the Empire

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Outwitting the cat

Doogie has earned the nickname Tippy. He has a penchant for knocking over anything that he can see has water in it. He has often soaked the carpet, destroyed a keyboard, broken glasses, and generally just made messes whenever we've forgotten to bring a glass back to the kitchen.

And I can't have fresh flowers in the house. At least, not in any places where they would look the best. Every time I've tried, I've woken up in the morning to find the vase tipped over, the flowers dumped out, and the water all over the place. So, on the few occasions that I have flowers, I have to stick them on the mantel where they really don't look all that great.

Cats, like children, require certain sacrifices of lifestyle.

I bought some flowers on Friday. The main vase is on the mantel, but I decided to see what would happen if I put some flowers in my little set of silver vases.



Doogie isn't our brightest cat (bless his little heart), and all I can figure is that because he can't actually see the water, he doesn't know there is any to be tipped out. Crystal is hopeless, but silver seems to work.

Score one for me!

4 comments:

Briskee said...

Hi, we love your post. Can you send us your email address so we can write you?

Thanks,

Brian & Jill Smith

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I don't know that I still have your email address. You can email me at ewokgirl @ verizon.net. (remove the spaces)

AnneK said...

Oh, that is just funny!

Ann said...

That's cute!