Married to the Empire

Monday, June 9, 2008

Stormtroopers + Zombies

Steven loves zombie movies almost as much as he loves Star Wars. His collection of zombie movies is ridiculously large. He thought it would be fun to invite the stormtroopers over for a zombie party, so that's what we did on Saturday night. We spent the whole day preparing.

Steven wanted a big showing. He borrowed a projector to put the movie up on a big screen, which was actually just a white sheet. He originally planned to have this in the garage, but I kept telling him it's way too hot out there. What actually caused him to move things inside was the realization that he'd need to clean the garage. Instead, he hung the sheet from the dining room ceiling and rearranged the furniture to accomodate the new location.



He laid out his entire collection of zombie movies on the table in front of the screen so that people could see what he had and then vote on what to watch. (My suggestion had been to watch 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead. I'm pleased to say that people agreed with my choices.) He also showed a cartoon, which was the zombie episode from The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror.

I spent the day preparing food.




I didn't get any pictures of the actual party, but we had a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Love your choices, those are 2 of my favorite zombie movies as well!! I was very disappointed in 28 weeks later. (I will admit part of that was due to no Cillian Murphy to drool over, lol.)

Looks like a great party to me! :)

Anonymous said...

Now that's my kind of party!!