Married to the Empire

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wedding Gifts

Last week I showed you the horrible job Bed Bath & Beyond did of wrapping Steven's niece's bridal shower gift. I ripped it all off and wrapped it myself. Isn't this so much better?



Within an 8-day period, I have 2 bridal showers and a wedding. I made a card to go with each gift. I used colors that were prevalent in each bride's registry just because I thought it would be a nice touch to make cards in colors I know the brides like.



The cards are very basic, but the ribbons dress them up a bit. They came together quickly, which is good because I've been pressed for time! I've been making some things to help save money on gifts. More on that tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Two showers and a wedding, all in just over a week? Good for you, making the cards. That sounds like an expensive week! Plus, I can tell you from the card you sent me, your homemade cards are beautiful and look expensive. You use really nice paper!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Awww, thanks, Beth!

Yeah, the multiple wedding thing is pricey! For Steven's niece I bought off the registry and spent quite a bit more since she's family. The others I'm saving a bit on. I'm posting on that tomorrow. I'm all about looking like I've spent a lot!