Married to the Empire

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

About our names

I've had a few people ask me why I refer to my husband here as "Ruf." A few years ago, he came up with the name Ruf Terrain to use when he played online video games. He just thought it sounded cool. When he created his Star Wars website, Dagobah Swamp, he called himself Ruf on it. (He also called me Ewokgirl.) I decided to hold to some degree of anonymity here (which is probably silly considering I post pictures), so I just use our online names on my blog. Maybe someday I'll change my mind about that, but for now, he's Ruf and I'm Ewokgirl.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Do you two play Star Wars Galaxies? We do! (Well, I did, but anymore I just don't have time. Plus it's changed so much since it first came out).

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I don't play video games at all. But Ruf played Galaxies when it first came out. He enjoyed it for a couple of months, but he hasn't played it since. Not sure why.