Married to the Empire

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Traveling

I'm in Wichita Falls right now. I came here with my MIL to visit her mom in the nursing home. I'm very blessed to have a sweet MIL who loves me like her own daughter. And she's so unbelievably grateful to have me come with her as she doesn't like to travel alone.

I discovered last night that we make very poor bunkmates, though. She dozed off at 8:45pm. I'm a night owl. She gets up a billion times during the night, and I'm a light sleeper who wakes at every sound. She leaves the bathroom light on all night, and I can't sleep if it's not pitch black. I'm in a fog this morning from lack of sleep. She left super early to visit the nursing home, and I'm supposed to call her when I'm ready to go. But right now, I need to get my mood in check. I'm a VERY grouchy person when I haven't had a good night's sleep. I don't want to take it out on her.

Lord, help me. I have one more night of this.

No comments: