Married to the Empire

Saturday, June 2, 2007

It's a car-washing, tuna-eating, card-making kind of day

Busy Saturday! The day started bright and early with a carwash fundraiser for the youth group. I don't think I've said it here, but Ruf and I work with the youth at our church. We teach the middle school Sunday school class, and we help out with everything else youth-group related.

The carwash was being held at the office complex where our new church will be. It was a dual-purpose thing: It would give our church visibility advertising our new location while the kids earned money for camp, and it would help the building's owner potentially drum up more leasing business. Unfortunately, the complex is on a busy road with a 55 MPH speed limit. Not many people stopped, but we did pull in $200, so it wasn't a total wash. (Pun intended.)

When I got home, I decided to make myself a nice tuna melt for lunch. The opening of tuna cans is a momentous occasion in our house. We have the "Hallelujah Chorus" being sung loudly in cat whenever this takes place. Let me stress the part about it being loud. I think part of their purpose is to make sure I don't forget that they are there and would like some tuna. (As if!) As soon as they receive their share, there is total silence. Calvin and Doogie love their tuna!



After that I set about making a card for our music minister and his wife. They are leaving to go back to their home state since they've both now finished their schooling. We're sadly saying goodbye to them tomorrow. I'm still kind of new to this whole cardmaking thing, so this isn't as great as what you may see on other sites, but I try. :-)



In all, a productive morning and afternoon.

No comments: