Married to the Empire

Friday, June 29, 2007

Quite a day!

Ruf surprised me by coming home today in time for lunch. We went to Chipotle to eat out, then I dragged the poor guy all over the place, including to the Department of Health for a tetanus shot. He grumbled about that one, but he knows he's overdue for one. We also headed to the bank to have our youth camp forms notarized.

For anyone who hasn't been following the news, North Texas is receiving record amounts of rain, and there's been some serious flooding in some areas. Lives have been lost. A friend of a friend of a friend (how's that for a connection?) lost everything due to flooding, and a request went out to our church to assist the guy. Ruf and I bought him some kitchen basics so he can at least cook again. It's always a joy to be able to use what God has blessed us with to help others.

I also dragged Ruf to a few craft stores because I needed a specific adhesive, and I was having trouble finding it. But Ruf also needed something to hold all his electronic bits and pieces for when he works on fans and remotes and other electrical stuff for his stormtrooper costume, so it wasn't just for me that we went. I needed to return some stuff to Old Navy, and I wound up exchanging my clothes for shorts for him, so again, not just about me!

But I bought him a drink at Sonic to make it all better. ;-)

And to brag on what a wonderful man I married, I have to tell this story. Today we came up behind a stalled van. The driver needed to push it into an adjacent service station, but he was obviously unable to do it by himself. Ruf saw his struggle, threw the car into park, had me slide over into the driver's seat, then he jumped out to help the guy push. With Ruf's help, the van was moved out of the way of traffic. I love that I'm married to a man who sees the needs of others and jumps up to help them out. He's one in a million!

No comments: